my thoughts on people watching II.

"People watching" is an act that curious people who love observation their surroundings do, unconsciously.  

Madrid, 2016

People have an interest in what is different from them, starting from a very early age. I think we all grow up watching others, observing how they live.  Infinite number of humans which has infinite ways of expressing themselves, make the world an amazing place for people-watchers. 

Although "people watching" is an innate instinct that helps us learn about life, I cannot restrict people-watching to just an act of 'benefit'. People unconsciously teach themselves to live in the master-apprentice relationship thanks to this urge to watch people but, I think "people watching" is a leisure activity which is done for pleasure by the people who are interested in stranger's life. 

People watching is mostly an outdoor activity since the people we see everyday are not that interesting for us to watch at some point. But the streets, especially in the big cities, offer a great chance for people watching.

As a consequence, my basic definition for "people watching" is doing unconscious observation while watching people you don't know, most of the time in the public spaces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

people watching and street photography.

my thoughts on what I do II.

my changed thoughts on people watching.