my thoughts on what I do II.

 

When I was thinking about “who I am" I was telling this little story about me and my sister’s mysterious night walks – how we used to look inside other people’s home. That habit of observing stranger’s life stayed with me. I feel like anywhere in the street or any random place can create a movie scene if you observe in that perception. Watching other people’s behaviors and creating stories about their lives in my head is a part of my personality. I am interested in their daily lives, what are they doing right now in this place, where they will go from here? What are their habits and rituals, which season is their favorite? These questions and more, makes me curious about different “ways of living”. 

I observe people unconsciously, I find myself isolated from where I am, watching someone walking down the street. I must say, I do not make this observation to understand people’s behaviors and to be able to “design” something for their needs. Although I have studied architecture, I do not enjoy “designing something for other’s efficient usage.” 


I, as a curious person, love watching people - like I am watching a movie scene – only for my pleasure, not for observing their necessities. As a result of that, I love capturing these moments with photography. I am not a photographer but, photography is the medium I enjoy experiencing when I am observing people around me. 

I love capturing scenes in which the person seems to be integrated into that space. What I care about when taking photos is creating a "pictorial" feel rather than a story. I like creating a scene that looks steady.

~

~
~
~

~



people watching

way of life

spatial feelings

mannerism

behaviors/habits

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

people watching and street photography.

my changed thoughts on people watching.